Get rid of cobra let the mods do their job!

Do you believe cobra should be removed and allow moderator to do their job in banning hackers?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DQed

Jun 3, 2017
While scrolling through the forums i have noticed a lot of isses with the anti cheat and i didnt think too much of it until it false banned me because of the server I was casually playing on orion when i transitioned from ffa to hub and was lagging and banned in the transition by cobra i got an error message saying internet connection interupted i immediately relogged and joined back to be welcomed back by a Cobra ban. I was confussed and overall mad I came on the forums made an appeal, nada it was declined due to the cobra believing i was hacking, which i would never do since i liked orion and applied for moderator. I believe we should have the moderators deal with hackers and not cobra i believe the senior staff team should add a thread saying if you log onto the orion servers you gurantee and will follow all commands by a moderator meaning a screenshare can be required if they believe you are hacking and if you are banned it is a false ban. If the staff team is thinking "our staff team wont be trained enough you should host staff training meetings for them to come on and learn how to screenshare to make orion a safer and better place. Thanks and good luck with orion i hope you consider this.

Reactions: ceive

Michily

Mar 18, 2017
Removing Cobra would be a pretty bad idea, like if there were no moderators online.. Cobra just needs some improvement, and it would be fine. :)

Reactions: Saydie and colton

DQed

Jun 3, 2017
Removing Cobra would be a pretty bad idea, like if there were no moderators online.. Cobra just needs some improvement, and it would be fine. :)
I personally was banned falsely and for some reason am not being unbanned and thats why they hire more mods, and explain that blatant bhoping in the video for 5 minutes doesnt get banned the server ffa ends takes me to hub and i get cobra banned.

Michily

Mar 18, 2017
I personally was banned falsely and for some reason am not being unbanned and thats why they hire more mods, and explain that blatant bhoping in the video for 5 minutes doesnt get banned the server ffa ends takes me to hub and i get cobra banned.
I'm aware a lot of people were false banned but without Cobra, there would be more hackers. Like I said in my earlier post, Cobra just needs a lil more work.

Reactions: Saydie and Immensey

Solid

Senior Moderator
Sr. Moderator
Apr 28, 2017
We are going to be keeping Cobra and at the moment Cobra is being constantly refined. We have to keep Cobra to ban the hardcore hackers that ruin gameplay for everyone in the game by zipping around and killing everyone. Obviously with the video above it still needs work but every anti-cheat needs time to mature. I hope you understand that keeping Cobra is for the best.

Reactions: Saydie

DQed

Jun 3, 2017
We are going to be keeping Cobra and at the moment Cobra is being constantly refined. We have to keep Cobra to ban the hardcore hackers that ruin gameplay for everyone in the game by zipping around and killing everyone. Obviously with the video above it still needs work but every anti-cheat needs time to mature. I hope you understand that keeping Cobra is for the best.
Watch the previous video 5 whole minutes of bhoping no ban. I am transitioned from ffa to hub after an ffa match and am banned another person had the exact same thing happen to him and he wasnt unbanned either.

DQed

Jun 3, 2017
I'm aware a lot of people were false banned but without Cobra, there would be more hackers. Like I said in my earlier post, Cobra just needs a lil more work.
You guys have around 30 staff members moderators/senior moderators there will almost always be a staff member on and i dont get why there are so many false bans that are created from the server and how they arent unbanned immediately.

Josh

May 20, 2017
lmao cobra doesn't catch cheaters anyways, removing it wouldn't affect the server besides player no longer getting wrongfully banned for lagging

Reactions: DQed

colton

Apr 8, 2017
"punishment upheld boys im out"
":) Unbanned, lets go"

Orion obviously recognizes the false bans that Cobra has enforced. It's not like they are ignoring the issue, and just letting people get banned. Also, if you see a hacker, you can report them yourself, it's not always the moderator's job. I see a bunch of people complaining about hackers, but you do nothing to stop them. Also, as @Michily said, Cobra is still growing and improving. It will most likely never be perfect, but it can evolve to reduce the number of false bans and increase the number of true bans.

Reactions: Saydie

DQed

Jun 3, 2017
":) Unbanned, lets go"

Orion obviously recognizes the false bans that Cobra has enforced. It's not like they are ignoring the issue, and just letting people get banned. Also, if you see a hacker, you can report them yourself, it's not always the moderator's job. I see a bunch of people complaining about hackers, but you do nothing to stop them. Also, as @Michily said, Cobra is still growing and improving. It will most likely never be perfect, but it can evolve to reduce the number of false bans and increase the number of true bans.
Well i to the day am false banned and they havent unbanned me and i do report players i have actually send in 5 player reports of people hacking which will then be banned later with evidence not by cobra from transitioning from ffa to hub...