Orion Network V2

Dzbs

The Boss
Owner
Aug 20, 2016
Hello everyone!

Over these past few months, you have all shown some overwhelming support towards Orion. With close to 100,000 unique players, we have experienced some amazing moments as a community. However, at times, there were some difficulties we encountered, therefore preventing us from providing the ideal network environment for you all. Over the past weeks, the administration and development teams have been working very hard to make sure that we are able to solve many of these issues.

We are happy to be releasing with an update bigger and better than ever before: Orion Network V2. Internally, this new update will be bringing some amazing changes to our backend infrastructure and staff management, but overall, we are bringing a completely revamped anti-cheat in addition to brand new gamemodes.

New additions to the staff team

I am happy to announce we have two additions to our Ownership team: @CAmadeusA and @Pikachu. Cam will be leading the development here at Orion, therefore facilitating the development of our new anti-cheat and gamemodes. Noah will be managing over marketing and quality assurance at Orion, meaning that his job will be to ensure that players are having a satisfactory time playing on our network. Other than Cam and Noah, we will be reworking our staff team with new additions to our administration and moderation teams.

Alright, enough about the boring backend talk, what about the new game modes?

To start off, Orion will not be releasing with Survival Games. Ever since we initially launched, our main goal as a network has been to branch out into larger forms of PvP, and with Survival Games, our presence was very limited in the general Minecraft community. However, due to the history that Survival Games has to our server community, we have plans to re-release SG soon after our first initial gamemodes in our V2 release.

In terms of the new gamemode, we will be making a complete separate thread on those specifics in the near future, mainly due to the fact that we are unable to disclose much information of that matter at this time. For the latest information, make sure you are following Orion’s Twitter (@OrionNetworkMC) in order to receive some news that we plan on releasing very soon!

With our backend restructure, all game modes going forward will be accompanying leaderboards, which is another topic that will be explained more about in a future announcement.

I loved playing on Orion, but the anti-cheat and punishments were not efficient.

Although Cobra was beneficial as an anti-cheat in some ways, it was inefficient in punishing some major hacked clients as well as differentiating between hacked modifications and false positives. The new anti-cheat project will be under a completely different project name. In order to maintain the integrity of gameplay on Orion, we will ensure that each part of this project goes through sufficient testing before being allowed to function on the main network servers. With that, we are happy to say that all previous punishments from players’ history will be removed... everyone deserves a second chance on Orion V2!

What about my donor rank that I purchased?

All donor ranks that had been purchased and not expired before the downtime of our network will be reassigned the amount of time when the network opens again. All ranks will be reassigned to the original IGN that the rank was purchased on.

I’m hyped for the V2 release, but when exactly will the release be?

Our goal is to release Orion Network V2 this holiday season before 2018, however there is no set date at this time. As we finish up the recoding of our network backend infrastructure as well as development of game modes, we will post more updates on an exact release date. Get ready to have an amazing time playing with other players this winter!

I’m very excited to be a part of this community, and would love to help out as a staff member!

During this time, all staff applications and interviews have currently been halted due to the internal reworking of our staffing operations. In the next few weeks, we will be reopening up our developer and moderator applications, so stay tuned to our website and Twitter for information when that will be occurring.

To conclude, we are very excited for the new V2 update to the Orion Network. There will be a lot more opportunities to expand into the Minecraft multiplayer scene, and above everything, we will consistently ensure that players have a wonderful network environment to play on. In the coming weeks, our teams will be posting numerous announcements about more information regarding specific aspects of our next update. Until then, if you have any questions, feel free to post them below or PM a staff member!

- The Orion Network Staff Team

nintendoway

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 19, 2016
From an administrator standpoint on the Orion Team, I can assure you all that this will be quite different than anything we have delivered in the past. Above all, you can *expect* no downtime and a much smoother experience compared to anything since release.

In general, I can't wait to experience Orion V2 with you all! :)

Warped

Mar 26, 2017
Hello everyone!

Over these past few months, you have all shown some overwhelming support towards Orion. With close to 100,000 unique players, we have experienced some amazing moments as a community. However, at times, there were some difficulties we encountered, therefore preventing us from providing the ideal network environment for you all. Over the past weeks, the administration and development teams have been working very hard to make sure that we are able to solve many of these issues.

We are happy to be releasing with an update bigger and better than ever before: Orion Network V2. Internally, this new update will be bringing some amazing changes to our backend infrastructure and staff management, but overall, we are bringing a completely revamped anti-cheat in addition to brand new gamemodes.

New additions to the staff team

I am happy to announce we have two additions to our Ownership team: @CAmadeusA and @Pikachu. Cam will be leading the development here at Orion, therefore facilitating the development of our new anti-cheat and gamemodes. Noah will be managing over marketing and quality assurance at Orion, meaning that his job will be to ensure that players are having a satisfactory time playing on our network. Other than Cam and Noah, we will be reworking our staff team with new additions to our administration and moderation teams.

Alright, enough about the boring backend talk, what about the new game modes?

To start off, Orion will not be releasing with Survival Games. Ever since we initially launched, our main goal as a network has been to branch out into larger forms of PvP, and with Survival Games, our presence was very limited in the general Minecraft community. However, due to the history that Survival Games has to our server community, we have plans to re-release SG soon after our first initial gamemodes in our V2 release.

In terms of the new gamemode, we will be making a complete separate thread on those specifics in the near future, mainly due to the fact that we are unable to disclose much information of that matter at this time. For the latest information, make sure you are following Orion’s Twitter (@OrionNetworkMC) in order to receive some news that we plan on releasing very soon!

With our backend restructure, all game modes going forward will be accompanying leaderboards, which is another topic that will be explained more about in a future announcement.

I loved playing on Orion, but the anti-cheat and punishments were not efficient.

Although Cobra was beneficial as an anti-cheat in some ways, it was inefficient in punishing some major hacked clients as well as differentiating between hacked modifications and false positives. The new anti-cheat project will be under a completely different project name. In order to maintain the integrity of gameplay on Orion, we will ensure that each part of this project goes through sufficient testing before being allowed to function on the main network servers. With that, we are happy to say that all previous punishments from players’ history will be removed... everyone deserves a second chance on Orion V2!

What about my donor rank that I purchased?

All donor ranks that had been purchased and not expired before the downtime of our network will be reassigned the amount of time when the network opens again. All ranks will be reassigned to the original IGN that the rank was purchased on.

I’m hyped for the V2 release, but when exactly will the release be?

Our goal is to release Orion Network V2 this holiday season before 2018, however there is no set date at this time. As we finish up the recoding of our network backend infrastructure as well as development of game modes, we will post more updates on an exact release date. Get ready to have an amazing time playing with other players this winter!

I’m very excited to be a part of this community, and would love to help out as a staff member!

During this time, all staff applications and interviews have currently been halted due to the internal reworking of our staffing operations. In the next few weeks, we will be reopening up our developer and moderator applications, so stay tuned to our website and Twitter for information when that will be occurring.

To conclude, we are very excited for the new V2 update to the Orion Network. There will be a lot more opportunities to expand into the Minecraft multiplayer scene, and above everything, we will consistently ensure that players have a wonderful network environment to play on. In the coming weeks, our teams will be posting numerous announcements about more information regarding specific aspects of our next update. Until then, if you have any questions, feel free to post them below or PM a staff member!

- The Orion Network Staff Team
dope