Orion Network's Status

Dzbs

The Boss
Owner
Aug 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted any updates, but with this I regret to inform that I have made the executive decision alongside approval from the administration team to shut down all game services of Orion. The current community within PvP, especially within the Survival Games gamemode, has rapidly fallen this past season with no more than 100-150 consistent players. With the current numbers in mind, it becomes impossible to imagine any further growth as a community, alongside with the status of Mojang having no possible cooperation with the community these past couple of years. It's taken me a while to accept this, but I've finally made the decision to acknoledge this and I hope you all respect my decision.

Despite the closure of Orion, let's not forget the amazing two years we've had. Orion has been a home to more than 100,000 players coming from more than 150 different countries. Our players have played over 100,000 games of Survival Games, with millions of minutes of play time. Orion has hosted 100's of clan battles, supporting a competitive edge to Minecraft PvP. Additionally, it's brought us all together whether it be through different community events, watching and playing with streamers/youtubers, or staying up late through the night talking on Teamspeak/Discord. Being able to own and manage over a community like this has brought so much respect for this game, and of course I am very humbled to have owned a platform like this for all of you to enjoy.

Although Orion will be shut down, the only chances I feel could bring back the network is if Mojang chooses to implement new additions supporting the PvP community in their new update, or if the community rises again in the summer of 2019. Additionally, I am very busy now that I'm going to college, and not having the time to open up a video game since late August has supported my decision in shutting things down. If Orion does come back next summer, I will definitely want to have people on the executive side to help me with management of the network.

To conclude, it's been an amazing two years, and I am absolutely grateful for the amazing memories. To keep in touch with everyone and for a memory archive, the website and discord will be kept up. The work we have put into Orion will not be put to waste, as I'll be working on a future project soon to continue the journey of our developments.

- Dzbs

Crinkle

Mar 19, 2017
Thank you and the Orion staff for your attempts to revive the community. Orion was one of the only SG servers other than MCSG where I had a good time. US clans surely wouldn't have lasted as long without Orion.

If Mojang miraculously released a great update, though I wouldn't play myself, I would love to see the server come back. Thanks for the memories.