Orion SG Stats

ItsTrippyHippie

Mar 28, 2017
After playing SG for a few days on the OrionMC Network, I have come to notice the extremely in depth statistics. I personally love all of the different things that it keeps track of, such as bow accuracy, percent won, etc. I have never seen anything like this, and I love that it allows players to be more competitive. I was wondering what your guys's opinion was on these statistics as well. Let me know! :D Have an awesome day!​

Matias

Mar 19, 2017
If only I could be on the leaderboard
This will eventually be added according to other mods and devs. You can do /lb in-game. But I agree, more detailed leaderboards including all players would be great.

Arcenim

Mar 18, 2017
My favorite part about the stats is that they work properly, updating live. And they don't get all screwed up like some other server that shall remain unnamed

Reactions: arsenal and Tr1cks

arsenal

Jul 13, 2016
Speaking of stats, the reason that there is a points leaderboard is because our points system is designed to demonstrate skill. A lot of people don't understand why we have it. It's kinda complicated and I may explain it in detail in a future post, but in my opinion it's a much better system than other SG servers that have tired to do a similar thing. It prioritizes skill over time played, while still preventing annoying drains from getting killed by certain players. How many points you lose from getting killed has nothing to do with who killed you. It's just factoring in that you failed to win.

The TL;DR of this is that if you want to see who's the best at Orion, use /lb points not /lb wins. A player with 1,000 wins out of 10,000 games could be #1 on the wins leaderboard for example. However, a player with 500 wins out of 800 games would be #1 on the points leaderboard instead of the person with 1,000 wins, as clearly they are more skilled.

Reactions: ItsTrippyHippie

Arcenim

Mar 18, 2017
The TL;DR of this is that if you want to see who's the best at Orion, use /lb points not /lb wins. A player with 1,000 wins out of 10,000 games could be #1 on the wins leaderboard for example. However, a player with 500 wins out of 800 games would be #1 on the points leaderboard instead of the person with 1,000 wins, as clearly they are more skilled.
I agree personally. A lot of players still will use the /lb wins command simply because of the milestones. It's also interesting to watch a player climbing up the leaderboard win by win. There's just something about the slow progression of climbing up a leaderboard that enthralls people. But yes, having a better ratio will mean having more points and, consequently, more skill at pvp in general.

G0LDRU5H

Apr 17, 2017
I like the way the stats are set-up aswell but I wish the had a KDR and also the votes for maps should be based on percentage.