so...

50cents

Jun 30, 2017
I got on my computer today to do some homework and then went on mc and thought of orion.

I go on the server to see it's dead and the forums.

this is a problem...

#RIPOrion

Reactions: eboy123
Sep 17, 2017
This problem is mostly because of most people are busy with their school things, anyway, our developers are working hard on new gamemodes that will make Orion grow up and get a pretty active community. :p

Tr1cks

Mar 18, 2017
Survival Games is a shadow of what it used to be and the dream of bringing in a player base as massive as MC Gamer once was is unrealistic. I think the only option is too come out with a popular yet unique gamemode and spend lots of money on advertising. On my seven months of being with the server and supporting it I've lost hope for it and it seems like nothing is being done or was being done the second time I came back.

Reactions: wuso

Dzbs

The Boss
Owner
Aug 20, 2016
Orion is currently going through a large transformation of growing from it's community of SG to even more gamemodes. Although times may have seemed unpromising due to the immense amount of silence from me or anyone else within the team, the administration and development team has been planning a lot in terms of what is going to happen next. About 2-3 days ago, I let the staff team know about our upcoming advancements, and within the next week or so I will be posting a public announcement providing a much more detailed report on what we have planned for everyone. Trust me, a lot of great new features will be coming soon! :)

Crits

Apr 30, 2017
Orion is currently going through a large transformation of growing from it's community of SG to even more gamemodes. Although times may have seemed unpromising due to the immense amount of silence from me or anyone else within the team, the administration and development team has been planning a lot in terms of what is going to happen next. About 2-3 days ago, I let the staff team know about our upcoming advancements, and within the next week or so I will be posting a public announcement providing a much more detailed report on what we have planned for everyone. Trust me, a lot of great new features will be coming soon! :)
a bunch of new gamemodes isn't going to bring orion back, the server is dead man

Reactions: eboy123

Dzbs

The Boss
Owner
Aug 20, 2016
a bunch of new gamemodes isn't going to bring orion back, the server is dead man
That's obviously true, and that's why we're going make sure to heavily focus on marketing these gamemodes out to the community when we release them.

Reactions: Crits

Texans

May 21, 2017
Maybe u should clear ban list, I know it's ironic I say that cause I am banned, but give everyone a second chance. Most people aren't going to play on a server if they have to switch accounts to play on it. Your Mods and Automatic ban system have gotten rid of a lot of players. I don't know maybe people will want to play if they can play on their actual accounts instead of sharing and buying new accounts.

Crinkle

Mar 19, 2017
First few months was great until you guys never fixed the kb, switched to west coast, and removed EU.

Minti

Jul 4, 2017
To be fair I don't see why everyone is complaining about the server being 'dead'. Are you actually helping? No.
If you want this server to get back on it's feet, help. Apply for a staff position. Make feedback and suggestions. Donate to the server by buying ranks. Submit maps. Spread the word about Orion to your friends. Remember you are all able to help still..

"omg its ded!!1!" won't bring anything back. :)

Arcenim

Mar 18, 2017
To be fair I don't see why everyone is complaining about the server being 'dead'. Are you actually helping? No.
If you want this server to get back on it's feet, help. Apply for a staff position. Make feedback and suggestions. Donate to the server by buying ranks. Submit maps. Spread the word about Orion to your friends. Remember you are all able to help still..

Thank god somebody else understands it.

Tr1cks

Mar 18, 2017

Coming from an Ex-staff member on this server twice, don't mean to be rude but I couldn't think of a more ignorant statement someone could say about the server. First off, applying for moderator does not help the server at all especially if there are no people you can ban, punish, get rid of or help, not even Senior Moderators can contribute to the server popularity. You also mentioned donating to the server and acting like the server doesn't get donations when there are two people in this thread with a 100$ rank and I could name a few more. Not to mention Orion has a fairly popular YouTuber who Debs has been saying he would record for the past 2 months for. I personally have submitted countless suggestions and feedback about the server and I know many who cared about the server and it shows in the pages of feedback in the feedback section.

Reactions: Jasnn and Hakodate

Minti

Jul 4, 2017
Coming from an Ex-staff member on this server twice, don't mean to be rude but I couldn't think of a more ignorant statement someone could say about the server. First off, applying for moderator does not help the server at all especially if there are no people you can ban, punish, get rid of or help, not even Senior Moderators can contribute to the server popularity. You also mentioned donating to the server and acting like the server doesn't get donations when there are two people in this thread with a 100$ rank and I could name a few more. Not to mention Orion has a fairly popular YouTuber who Debs has been saying he would record for the past 2 months for. I personally have submitted countless suggestions and feedback about the server and I know many who cared about the server and it shows in the pages of feedback in the feedback section.
I won't start silly arguments, so I'll end this here by saying that firstly you have no right to call what I said 'ignorant'- at least I'm trying to help?
Second, I'm not acting like the server doesn't get donations?? Where and when did I ever say that? xD
Rather than just blindly countering my point and making unfair and untrue assumptions, please think your comebacks through before putting words into my mouth that I haven't said.
Let's leave it at that, please. :)

Tr1cks

Mar 18, 2017
I won't start silly arguments, so I'll end this here by saying that firstly you have no right to call what I said 'ignorant'- at least I'm trying to help?
Second, I'm not acting like the server doesn't get donations?? Where and when did I ever say that? xD
Rather than just blindly countering my point and making unfair and untrue assumptions, please think your comebacks through before putting words into my mouth that I haven't said.
Let's leave it at that, please. :)
I obviously have the right to call you ignorant, what are you gonna call the cops or something. I have the right to convey my ideas freely as long as they don't break the server rules and you obviously meant your statement as a mockery of the people giving constructive criticism towards the server saying that they aren't helping even though some can't afford the rank. I'm addressing the issue that the server doesn't know what to do with money and you stated why don't people donate to the server as if they didn't get enough donations already.

Minti

Jul 4, 2017
I obviously have the right to call you ignorant, what are you gonna call the cops or something. I have the right to convey my ideas freely as long as they don't break the server rules and you obviously meant your statement as a mockery of the people giving constructive criticism towards the server saying that they aren't helping even though some can't afford the rank. I'm addressing the issue that the server doesn't know what to do with money and you stated why don't people donate to the server as if they didn't get enough donations already.
I told you to leave it. You don't have the right to call me ignorant as the second server rule is "Respect all members of the community"- as a "ex-staff member on this server twice", you should have known this. Second, my statement was not a 'mockery', I'm not that kind of person, I was just tired of having to sit and read several people going off about "server ded rip!!1!" and not seeing anyone actually do anything about it, which is fair enough. Your second point is also wrong, the server does know what to do with money, there just isn't enough of it right now. Things need paying for and people need paying for their work here. Though Orion may get some donations, it's still not enough as here we are with the server down and people unable to join? c:

If you try and continue this discussion any further I won't be replying to you, so don't bother. :)

juggerr

Mar 19, 2017
That's obviously true, and that's why we're going make sure to heavily focus on marketing these gamemodes out to the community when we release them.
Good to know that you are planning to focus on the advertising part of the server. Honestly, I thought when the server first released it was pretty good, and it really got me back into the Minecraft mood. But the server in my opinion didn't have enough advertising force.

SG being in its current state isn't the most helpful either, to be honest :p

Packy6724

Dec 11, 2017
If you want to make Orion alive again, tell your friends!
I can see that Orion will have great potential, I don't want to lose this opportunity of making a part of a good community on this server :)