Thinking of applying for Moderator...

Roan

Jun 25, 2017
Thinking of applying for Moderator
So as of recently Luke a Admin removed the "Report 3 Abuses Requirement", This was the only thing that slightly put me off applying for Mod at the time. But I am now contemplating weather I should, personally I think it would be good for me as I can further become part of the community and It would also mean I can help out the server I enjoy playing on Daily.

If there is anyone who is also thinking about applying or has any feedback weather i should or not Id love to hear from you, especially If you are a current Staff Member what are your thoughts on me applying?.

Reactions: eboy123

Krement

Senior Moderator
Sr. Moderator
Mar 19, 2017
If you think that you would like to do the job of a moderator, help out the community and have good knowledge of the Network, I say go for it!

Reactions: Roan

Tr1cks

Mar 18, 2017
If you're too lazy to do 3 report abuses then you're too lazy to be a Moderator, simple as that. Quality over quantity.

Reactions: Mike and Roan

Roan

Jun 25, 2017
If you're too lazy to do 3 report abuses then you're too lazy to be a Moderator, simple as that. Quality over quantity.
Not lazy just what im saying is that its easier now where as at the time 3 report abuses could take a week plus to get

CantKillBruce

Senior Moderator
Sr. Moderator
Mar 19, 2017
Go for it bud! Being a staff member is always a fun experience and I'd bet you would love it! You always meet new people and do some good volunteering work for the network. :D

Envici

Mar 30, 2017
Tricks,

This is not always true. When I first applied to MCGamer, I only had one report abuse. We are still growing and it is not as easy to get many report abuses accepted here than it was on MCGamer. We are also finding that we have amazing applications, but the report abuse rule stopping them from being interviewed.

This was mostly the reason for removing the rule. We still expect the high quality of applications as always.

Tr1cks

Mar 18, 2017
Being a moderator requires dedication, and filling out a report abuse is very similar to recording a hacker and banning him, if the player is too lazy to do that then what would they do as a moderator. Just saying this being that this case applies to some people who are mod now and I've never seen them on the server. Look at it the other way, Solid, the best mod you have right now, filed plenty of report abuses before applying and it showed he cared about the server and the work ethic before becoming mod mirrors his work as a mod and he turned out to be the best mod, unlike a player who joins the server for a day, has an amazing application, gets accepted, and never comes back online. Just my opinion though, you don't need to believe it.

On a side note...

We are still growing and it is not as easy to get many report abuses accepted here than it was on MCGamer.
Wanna bet I'll get 10 report abuses in less than a day?

Last edited:
Reactions: eboy123

Roan

Jun 25, 2017
Being a moderator requires dedication, and filling out a report abuse if very similar to recording a hacker and banning him, if the player is too lazy to do that then what would they do as a moderator. Just saying this being that this case applies to some people who are mod now and I've never seen them on the server. Look at it the other way, Solid, the best mod you have right now, filed plenty of report abuses before applying and it showed he cared about the server and the work ethic before becoming mod mirrors his work as a mod and he turned out to be the best mod, unlike a player who joins the server for a day, has an amazing application, gets accepted, and never comes back online. Just my opinion though, you don't need to believe it.

On a side note...

You both make valid points and I would just like to point out I never intended to apply for mod today in this week Im going to continuing playing and getting more involved with the community first, and atm I still haven't encountered a Abuse report and it doesn't make sense to me if im not mod atm to go looking for them

nintendoboy11

Mar 26, 2017
If you want to be a Moderator and you think that you are up for the challenge, apply! Being a moderator isn't that hard as it seems. Also, becoming a staff member means you get to meet me and a bunch of cool other staff members who are always open to making new friends!

Envici

Mar 30, 2017
Being a moderator requires dedication, and filling out a report abuse is very similar to recording a hacker and banning him, if the player is too lazy to do that then what would they do as a moderator. Just saying this being that this case applies to some people who are mod now and I've never seen them on the server. Look at it the other way, Solid, the best mod you have right now, filed plenty of report abuses before applying and it showed he cared about the server and the work ethic before becoming mod mirrors his work as a mod and he turned out to be the best mod, unlike a player who joins the server for a day, has an amazing application, gets accepted, and never comes back online. Just my opinion though, you don't need to believe it.

On a side note...

You do make a good point but I don't believe it is such a large judge of character like you seem to make it out to be.

Anyway, I do believe the original poster should apply for mod, as should anyone who believes they can help the network.

Roan

Jun 25, 2017
If you want to be a Moderator and you think that you are up for the challenge, apply! Being a moderator isn't that hard as it seems. Also, becoming a staff member means you get to meet me and a bunch of cool other staff members who are always open to making new friends!
Thanks for the encouragement

jtmk2

Mar 25, 2017
If you want to help out a step more.. then go for it. It wouldn't hurt to try?